Friday 28 June 2013

Where in the World is Mr Fitz?

Room 20 is having a heap of fun tracking Mr Fitz (one of our teachers from last year) while he travels around the world.


Mr Fitz has been travelling through Central America for the last 2 months.  In Guatemala, he was lucky enough to be able to visit a local school and send us some photos of what school is like there.  Very different from here! The teachers wear uniforms (and pink ones at that!!) and there are bars on the windows.  It makes us appreciate our own school so much more.

Sometimes, instead of an update, he will send us clues and we have to figure out where he's been.  It has been the coolest way to learn about some amazing countries like El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Mexico and Honduras.

For our homework this week, we decided to share the information that we've found out about these countries.  Check out some of our presentations below:













I wonder where we will find Mr Fitz next...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The homework was so fun i wish we could do something like that again.

Anonymous said...

that was pretty cool!?!

Nick Fitzgerald said...

Amazing presentations!!! I've learnt so much more about these countries, who would have thought I ate my fruit wrong in El Salvador, or swam with fresh water sharks in Lake Nicaragua. I thought I'd done a great job climbing 1 volcano in Costa Rica, I didn't realise there was another 120, or that I was in fact in a country called the 'United Mexican States'. And the Panama Canal generates 1/3 of the countries economy!
I'm truly gobsmacked.... So informative, and presented so clearly and concisely!






Anonymous said...

this was so much fun